Invisible Cities Reflective Statement

I feel like I’ve definitely developed some skills and learned a lot within this Invisible Cities project. I’d barely used photoshop before coming to this course, therefore learning the digital techniques and methods were slightly challenging at first. But after a while I started to feel more comfortable with using the drawing tablets, and really started to enjoy seeing my progress. At the beginning of this project I feel like I was extremely disengaged with the brief, which I think is because of my poor time management. I struggled to get things done within the first few weeks. This project has taught me that i need to be more thorough with my research, as at points I felt like I had no idea what I was making. However when I did start to research, reference and genuinely spend good time on the project my concept began to be clearer and more refined. I am fairly proud of what I was able to make and present to the course, as at the start of the course I never imagined I would be able to create that. My irritation with the project comes from the fact that I know I could have done a lot better, had I spent the time and been well organised. But, I am feeling fairly confident moving into this next project, and I’m very excited to see what I come up with.

Comments