FV Progress

After the Pitch I wondered what would be the best way to animate this animation, I was torn between 3D and 2D but after some thought I decided 2D animation would be the best. I then followed Alan's 3rd Year Tutorials on a 2D rig and created one of my own. Using Photoshop I created exploded views of the 3 different camera angles I intended to use. I referenced a lot of Broken Age and how they constructed their game using Image planes.


Here's a playblast of a test I made with the 2D Rig.


Whilst creating the rig I noticed that I could make my environments come alive through the use of layers and alpha channels, and If I wanted to create a camera angle in 2D that would require me to create a completely new rig, I could just layer image planes together to give the illusion its rigged. I think.

Here's the start of my animation with multiple layered image planes.
I used a bend deformer on the plants.





Comments